The Carapax 2.0 is at home on the trails
With this revised version of the successful model, you are always in the right when riding off-road. No matter whether riding uphill or downhill. It is an allrounder for off-roading and is one of the lightest Enduro models on the market.
Features of the Carapax 2.0
- Inmold Tec: Inmold helmets are made by fusing the inner shell underneath the outer shell at high pressure. The two shells are bonded, making Inmold helmets extremely stable and very light.
- Hi-EPS: All Inmold helmets have inner shells made of Hi-EPS (highly expanded polystyrene). This material consists of many microscopically small air chambers which effectively absorb the forces caused by an impact. In addition, Hi-EPS does not absorb water or sweat.
- Ceramic Shell: This is the outer shell of all Alpina helmets manufactured using the Inmold process. This lightweight material is extremely impact- and scratch-resistant, it contains UV stabilisers and is anti-static.
- Edge Protect: It is applied to the bottom edges of the helmet using Inmold technology, greatly enhancing safety in the event of a side impact and providing protection against damage in everyday use.
- Run System Ergo Flex 2: Run System Ergo Flex 2 is the lightest and most comfortable adjustment system from Alpina. Its sophisticated construction ensures an even fit around the head to provide enhanced protection.
- 3D-Fit: The head band at the back of the head is height-adjustable in five steps for enhanced fit of the helmet.
- Ergomatic: Ergomatic is a non-twist adjustment mechanism with several settings selectable one-handed. It cannot come open in case of a crash.
- Custom Fit System: The angle of the neck support can be adjusted produce a perfect fit at the rear of the head.
- Y-Clip: The Y-Clip connects the front and rear straps beneath the ear. Fine adjustments are quick and extremely easy to make.
- Fly Net: For protection against insect bites the front vents of some models are fitted with a mesh lining.
- Shield Protect: The detachable shield provides protection against dirt splash as well as direct sunlight.
Recommended glasses: Alpina 5W1NG CM+
The Run System Ergo Flex ensures maximum comfort and safety. The adjustment system impresses with a filigree construction and fixes the helmet evenly in 360 degrees around the head. There is no more individual, easier and more comfortable way to adjust a cycle helmet.
Another plus for comfort: the removable padding. It makes the helmet pleasant and comfortable to wear at all times – no matter how hot it gets on country trails.
The Carapax 2.0’s low weight is down to the inmold production where the upper shell is thermally connected with the Hi-EPS. This results in a solid surface connection, which is responsible for a very sturdy design.
The lower edge of the helmet is protected by the additional polycarbonate Edge Protect shell. Thanks to the seamless connection, it nestles seamlessly to the top shell. For the best possible safety on rough trails, the back and the temple sections can be pulled further down. This creates even greater head coverage.
Large air vents allow for optimum ventilation, fly screens keep insects away from the head, and the shield guarantees optimum protection in the field of vision.
There are no reviews yet.