Maximum protection for small heads
Like its big brother: the Carapax JR. is inspired by the model for adults, and thus promises optimum protection in the country for all young mountain bikers. The low weight, maximum head coverage and a long list of features provide it with an ideal price/performance ratio.
Features of the Carapax JR.
- Inmold Tec: Inmold helmets are made by fusing the inner shell underneath the outer shell at high pressure. The two shells are bonded, making Inmold helmets extremely stable and very light.
- Hi-EPS: All Inmold helmets have inner shells made of Hi-EPS (highly expanded polystyrene). This material consists of many microscopically small air chambers which effectively absorb the forces caused by an impact. In addition, Hi-EPS does not absorb water or sweat.
- Ceramic Shell: This is the outer shell of all Alpina helmets manufactured using the Inmold process. This lightweight material is extremely impact- and scratch-resistant, it contains UV stabilisers and is anti-static.
- Edge Protect: It is applied to the bottom edges of the helmet using Inmold technology, greatly enhancing safety in the event of a side impact and providing protection against damage in everyday use.
- Run System Classic: A simple, robust adjustment wheel. Easy to use and keeps the helmet securely where it belongs.
- Ergomatic: Ergomatic is a non-twist adjustment mechanism with several settings selectable one-handed. It cannot come open in case of a crash.
- Custom Fit System: The angle of the neck support can be adjusted produce a perfect fit at the rear of the head.
- Y-Clip: The Y-Clip connects the front and rear straps beneath the ear. Fine adjustments are quick and extremely easy to make.
- Fly Net: For protection against insect bites the front vents of some models are fitted with a mesh lining.
- Shield Protect: The detachable shield provides protection against dirt splash as well as direct sunlight.
- LED light (optionally): Helmet can be combined with the optionally available LED light
Recommended glasses: Alpina Flexxy Cool Kids I
The low weight is due to the inmold production where the upper shell is thermally connected with the Hi-EPS. This results in a solid surface connection, which is responsible for a very sturdy design.
The lower edge of the helmet is protected by the additional polycarbonate shell Edge Protect. The back and temple areas also pull further down for the highest possible level of safety on rough trails. This creates even greater head coverage.
Large air vents ensure optimum ventilation, fly screens keep insects away from the head, and the shield guarantees optimum protection in the field of vision.
With the Run System Classic, which can be combined with the height-adjustable Custom Fit, the bike helmet can be adjusted to your head.
The Multi-Fit Light rear light can also be added on to the Carapax JR. as an option for better visibility.
There are no reviews yet.