The Alpina Valparola Helmet
The lightweight road bike helmet convinces with its low weight and excellent ventilation. The development also focused on aerodynamics. Thanks to 27 large vents, the head is always optimally ventilated. The low weight comes from the Inmold production, in which the upper shell of the helmet is thermally bonded to the Hi-EPS. This results in a strong surface connection, which is responsible for a very stable construction.
The special feature of the Valparola: it consists of a three-part shell system that gives each part of the helmet maximum stability. With the Run System Ergo Pro, which is combined with the height-adjustable Custom Fit, the helmet can be perfectly adapted to the head. Another plus for comfort: the removable, antibacterial padding. Fly screens keep insects away from the head.
Alpina Valparola Technologies:
- HI-EPSThe inner shell of every Alpina helmet is made of HI-EPS (“High Expanded Polystyrene”). Microscopically small air chambers are incorporated to absorb the forces of an impact. Despite optimal protection, HI-EPS ensures extra thin walls and slim helmet shapes.
- INMOLDIn the Inmold production process, the upper shell of the helmet made of polycarbonate is “baked” together with the EPS granulate of the helmet body under great heat and pressure. This creates an extensive and inseparable bond between the upper and lower shells. Advantage: the helmet is very light and at the same time extremely stable.
- CERAMIC SHELLAll Inmold-manufactured helmets from Alpina receive this break- and scratch-resistant polycarbonate shell. The blank is stretched under high heat to the shape of the later helmet and pressed with high pressure onto its HI-EPS body. The material is characterized by several qualities at the same time: it is break- and scratch-resistant, UV-stable as well as antistatic.
- SHIELD PROTECTThe removable shield protects the face from splashing dirt and sunlight.
- EDGE PROTECTA manufacturing process that ensures Inmold helmets have no sharp edges. This reduces the risk of injury in two ways: on the one hand, it protects the hands when handling the helmet, and on the other hand, in the event of an impact, the neck and shoulder area are protected from scratches when they come into contact with the lower edge of the helmet.
- RUN SYSTEM ERGO PROWith the Run System, the size of the helmet can be individually adjusted on all Alpina helmets by means of a smooth-running dial. A striking feature of the high-quality Run System Ergo Pro are the two large wing-shaped headrests. They are made of a two-component mix consisting of plastic and rubber. This guarantees maximum comfort.
- ERGOMATICTried and tested hundreds of thousands of times and used in all Alpina cycling helmets: Alpina’s well-known seatbelt buckle with red push button and multi-stage automatic locking mechanism. Ergomatic can be operated with one hand – uphill you can loosen the strap, downhill you can tighten it – and it cannot open itself in case of a fall.
- Y-CLIPA helmet can only protect as well as it remains in the optimum position on impact. The fixation of the two straps under the ear plays a decisive role in this. The Y-Clip system from Alpina guarantees a millimetre-precise adjustment – in seconds.
- CUSTOM FITDifferent head shapes require a flexible fitting system. In combination with the Run System, Custom Fit ensures a non-slip fit. The neckband at the back of the head can be tilted in several stages and grips the head gently and without pressure points.
- FLY NETThe front ventilation openings of the helmet are fitted with a mesh fabric. This performs the same function as an insect screen and prevents insect bites on the scalp in hot and humid riding periods and places.
- ANTIBACTERIAL INTERIORThe padding material prevents the formation of germs and odours when sweating. The helmet pads are dermatologically tested and have excellent skin compatibility. They can be easily removed and washed at a maximum temperature of 40°.
Alpina Bonfire goggles are a perfect match for this helmet.
Note: The size corresponds to the head circumference. Please measure beforehand!Addition to weight: Manufacturer’s specification
There are no reviews yet.