The cool helmet design makes kids more likely to want to wear a helmet.
Block streets to play and ride bikes on them – that’s how you take over a city. In Hackney, a neighbourhood of London, that’s the reality. Here, the residents can apply to block motorised traffic on their streets for a few hours. With the new Hackney park helmet, every kid has the chance to feel free – and safe. A clean design with winking smiley face motif and guardian angel incorporated into design the provides a perfect setup for young riders. An optional tail light for extra safety can be added.
Alpina Hackney technologies:
- HI-EPSAlpina helmets have inner shells made of Hi-EPS (highly expanded polystyrene). This material consists of many microscopically small air chambers which effectively absorb the forces caused by an impact. Hi-EPS provides optimum protection with the benefit of allowing extra-thin walls.
- CERAMICThis impact- and scratch-resistant polycarbonate shell is fitted to all Alpina helmets manufactured using the Inmold procedure. The blank workpieces are shaped at high temperature onto the form of the helmet design and the shells are then pressed onto the helmet’s Hi-EPS body. The material combines a number of distinct advantages: it is impact- and scratch-resistant, it contains UV stabilisers and is anti-static.
- INMOLD TECThe Inmold production process involves the polycarbonate outer shell of the helmet being heated to a high temperature and “baked” onto the EPS helmet body at high pressure. This produces a permanent bond across the entire surface of the inner and outer shells, producing a helmet with the advantage of being very light yet extremely stable.
- RUN SYSTEM ERGO FLEXThe Run System Ergo Flex is Alpina’s lightest and most comfortable fitting system. The filigree construction nestles evenly against the head and thus increases protection. The Ergo Flex Run System can be adjusted via a fine grid – a helmet cannot be adjusted more individually, smoothly or comfortably.
- ERGOMATICTried and tested countless times, this is the buckle used in all Alpina cycle helmets. It features a red push button and multi-step automatic adjustment. It can be used one-handed, so for example you can loosen the strap when riding uphill and tighten it again for the descent, and it cannot come open in the event of a crash.
- Y-CLIPA helmet can only provide proper protection if it stays securely in place in the event of an impact. The fastening that joins the two straps under the ear is critical to this. Alpina’s Y-Clip system guarantees a perfect fit down to the last millimetre, all in a matter of seconds.
- 3D FITThe height setting of the Run System can be adjusted individually.
There are no reviews yet.