Bestseller with built-in fall sensor
It is one of the best-selling bicycle helmets on the market: the Mythos. A fit proven millions of times over and an outstanding price/performance ratio have made it into a bestseller. Now it also comes with a built-in Tocsen fall sensor.
Features of the Mythos Tocsen
- Tocsen: The system of fall sensor and app detects your fall, asks if you‘re okay and calls emergency services if you are unable to answer.
- Inmold Tec: Inmold helmets are made by fusing the inner shell underneath the outer shell at high pressure. The two shells are bonded, making Inmold helmets extremely stable and very light.
- Hi-EPS: All Inmold helmets have inner shells made of Hi-EPS (highly expanded polystyrene). This material consists of many microscopically small air chambers which effectively absorb the forces caused by an impact. In addition, Hi-EPS does not absorb water or sweat.
- Ceramic Shell: This is the outer shell of all Alpina helmets manufactured using the Inmold process. This lightweight material is extremely impact- and scratch-resistant, it contains UV stabilisers and is anti-static.
- Edge Protect: It is applied to the bottom edges of the helmet using Inmold technology, greatly enhancing safety in the event of a side impact and providing protection against damage in everyday use.
- Run System Ergo Tocsen: A Run system with integrated fall sensor and emergency call system. The Run System ERGO TOCSEN combines digital and analogue safety.
- Ergomatic: Ergomatic is a non-twist adjustment mechanism with several settings selectable one-handed. It cannot come open in case of a crash.
- Custom Fit System: The angle of the neck support can be adjusted produce a perfect fit at the rear of the head.
- Y-Clip: The Y-Clip connects the front and rear straps beneath the ear. Fine adjustments are quick and extremely easy to make.
- Fly Net: For protection against insect bites the front vents of some models are fitted with a mesh lining.
- Shield Protect: The detachable shield provides protection against dirt splash as well as direct sunlight.
- Antibacterial Interior: Pads are made of a special material to reduce the build-up of bacteria and prevent odour caused by sweat.
Recommended glasses: Alpina RAM HR CM+
A fall sensor is integrated into the Run System Ergo on the ALPINA MYTHOS TOCSEN. The system of fall sensor and app calls for help in an accident if the fallen cyclist can no longer do it themselves.
The MTB helmet’s low weight is due to the inmold production where the upper shell is thermally connected with the Hi-EPS. This results in a solid surface connection, which is responsible for a very sturdy design.
The back and temple areas pull further down for optimal safety off-road. This creates even greater head coverage. For maximum comfort, the helmet pads are made of special cushioning material that reduces bacteria formation and thus prevents odour from developing when you sweat. The pads are also removable and washable.
Fly screens keep insects away from the head, and the shield guarantees optimum protection in the field of vision. The lower edge of the helmet is protected by the additional polycarbonate Edge Protect shell. The high-quality matt finish adds a touch of refinement to the Mythos.
There are no reviews yet.